Our December meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 6th from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Our meeting location is Fortino's at 1579 Main Street West in the 2nd Floor Community Room. Select the Meetings tab above for more details. Remember: No outside food or drink is allowed in our Fortino's meeting space. Light refreshments, tea and coffee will be served.
This meeting will feature our Silent Auction, with the proceeds going to a charity selected at the meeting. We are also asking members to bring any knitting supplies that they no longer need, for learn-to-knit programs in the isolated, aboriginal community of Attawapiskat, Ontario. Lastly, we will be decorating and finishing Twiddle Muffs, either the one you made, or others that will be supplied. These will be donated to the Alzheimer's Society for distribution. This is truly a "Giving" meeting! We hope to see you there!
Here's a handy checklist of what to bring to our meeting:
- Your Twiddle Muff, if you made one
- Wool, needles, patterns and knitting accessories, etc., for our Silent Auction
- Small bills/change for the Silent Auction
- Knitting supplies to donate to Attawapiskat
- $2 door entry fee
- Money for 50-50 Draw tickets
- Any donations that you have knit for Out of the Cold, the Linus Project, Knitted Knockers or Twiddle Muffs.
First time guests are welcome to attend one regular meeting without paying a membership fee. The $2 door entry fee still applies.